It was a freezing cold day in Melbourne today – overcast, windy and approximately 13 degrees when we went to hunt typical style of South Yarra. For most of the excursion people were charging past us in hunt to escape indoors, but before they did we managed to catch a glimpse of the typical style:
1. Heavy wool coats in creams, dark shades of grey, purple or red, and check prints.
2. Dainty dresses recycled from summer, warmed up with opaque black stockings.
3. Scarves (the perfect winter accessory for adding colour to an otherwise black
outfit). Heavy cable knits, cream angora and furs the most popular choices.
4. Suede ankle boots, again in black and grey.
5. Glamorous head gear, beanies, berets and headbands making a comeback
Skirt and accessories: Alannah Hill
Coat: Zara, shoes: Sandbag, beanie and gloves from various markets.